Wednesday, April 16, 2008

New kitchen

So here's one of the projects we've been working on- our kitchen. We haven't painted it since we moved in and it was a blinding white. So I picked what I thought was a warmer, neutral color and it ended up being too yellow. So, much to my husband's chagrin, I'm painting it again. I'm also going to try to make matching valances and chair pillows, if I can ever find the time. However one cool thing I found at Lowe's, and I've seen them on HGTV before(I know who out there is rolling their eye's at me- stop it) is these faux tin backsplashes. The wall gets so dirty next to the stove and I really don't want to hang anything there anymore, so I was considering tiling it. But it sounds like too much work. Then I ran into the tin backsplash. They're sold in sheets, you just match them up, cut them with tin snips and glue them to the wall. Sounds easy, but I'm afraid to do anything new like that. Anyone have any experience with this stuff? I've had them propped on the counter for a week now, to see what I think and I really like the look.


1 comment:

Nic said...

LOVE the back splash!!