Saturday, May 10, 2008
Horses & needles
So, since Ava's birth and going through the whole "vaccination debate", I'm not really a big proponant of drugs. We don't take Tylenol, use cold medicine, get flu shots..etc, and I hate it when we take her in for an immunization. So, Monday night I'm riding at the barn, having a great time with some cows and friends(human) and after we unsaddle I'm walking down the gravel drive when I have a shooting pain in my foot. At first I thought I pulled a muscle in my arch, upon further inspection I find a horse needle that went through the bottom of my boot and pierced my foot. Yes, ouch. It is, of course, full of dirt and who knows what else that had been injected into a horse at one time. So, after researching Tetanus on the internet the next day and talking to a friend at the health dept- to my husband's surprise I went ahead and got a Tetanus shot . My shoulder has hurt worse the last three days from that stupid shot than my foot did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment