Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cut my brains?

So I'm in the kitchen packing up our breakfast for our morning commute to school/work and out wanders A, still sleepy. She looks up at me and asks, "Mom, will you cut my brains?" Uh, what? It's 7:00 am, I'm usually good at toddler talk but for the life of me I cannot figure out what she's trying to say. "Cut your brains honey?" "Yes, mom, cut my brains. With a scissors. Cut my brains with a scissors." Uh, still don't get it. "Your brains???" She's getting frustrated with me and starts poking herself in the forehead, which to me only reinforces that she's really asking me to cut her brains. Does she have a headache? Thinking too hard in her sleep? Why does she want her brains removed? Then she wipes her hair away from her forehead. "They're in my eyes mom, cut them." Bangs- not brains- I was getting worried.

1 comment:

The Chatt Pack said...

Too funny - don't you love the way kids can make you laugh! Thinking of you lots lately...