Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Time to update.

I just noticed that I hadn't blogged for awhile. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, there hasn't been too much going on at the Danielson house, and anything that we've been doing, I've forgotten to take my camera along. So, you'll be getting a very boring post with no pics! Thank goodness, it's finally summer and warm, although I can do without all the extra rain. If Chad ever gets to work on the football field at Knox, he'll be working 16 hr days, 7 days a week just to catch up because of all the rain we've had.

We were in DBQ a couple weeks ago for a baby shower that I hosted for Clair, Derek and baby Violet. If you don't know already, Ava is a baby freak and loved little Violet! I'm going to try to steal a pic off their blog so you can see how cute she is!
Unfortunately our drive home from DBQ was NOT uneventful as we got stuck in Welton, IA because my car wouldn't start after I stopped to get gas. It was finally towed to a dealership in DeWitt and I paid $350 to get it fixed- basically a new battery. That's a long story that still is not over, but I'm trying to find a way to let God decide the punishment, instead of enacting my own revenge, on the idiot that keyed my car while it was at the dealership overnight getting fixed. The estimate on that is $1000.00. And since I've already had 3 claims on my insurance since I bought the car, brand new, 2 years ago, I'm not thrilled at having to call my agent again.
Last week we hit the IHOP and zoo with a bunch of friends. It was a gorgeous day but again, forgot my camera so I'll have to get some pics posted later. April had her professional looking lens with her. Along with babies, Ava loves her friends and apparently animals too, as she can't stop talking about the zoo and asks to go there every day. We made a little cash at Aunt Lyssie's garage sale this past weekend and Saturday night Chad and I got to have some adult time, out to eat and a party, while Ava had a sitter over that she loves to hang out with. This weekend is Father's Day, a couple birthday parties and a trip to Galena. (I'll try to remember my camera this time!)

No comments: