Ok, in an earlier post this week I asked for suggestions on volunteering to help teach my daughter about compassion and giving to others. Along those lines here is a scenario that played out yesterday...we had six packages of hamburger buns left over from her birthday party that I decided to donate to the mission. As we were parking and getting ready to go inside:
Ava: Mom, what are we doing with the buns?
Me: We're going to give them away since we don't need them.
Ava: But those are my buns, I want them.
Me: (thinking my daughter will catch on and light up) Ava, there are some people who are hungry and need food and they would really appreciate having these buns to eat. (she's usually a good sharer) Don't you want to share these buns with people who need them?
Ava: (now walking into the mission) No! those are my buns, I want them!
Me: what are you going to do with all these buns?
Ava: eat them!!!
Needless to say I had to pick her up and carry her to the car after I handed over the buns.
2 comments:
Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comment! I love meeting new moms!
You have a gorgeous family!!
Stay in touch~
She will get it one day. Jake and I always go together to donate unwanted food to the mission and he has learned so much, keep it up......
Post a Comment