Thursday, August 14, 2008

Heading to the park...

Me: Ava, why don't you put some shoes on and we'll take your wagon to the park.
Ava: (excited) OK!
Ava: (walking into kitchen with my flip flops on) I think I'll wear these.
Me: those are my shoes.
Ava: that's OK, I'll wear them
Me: those aren't really park shoes, I'm afraid you won't make it to the park or be able to play on the equipment because they're too big for your feet.
Ava: Oh.
Ava:(returning to kitchen with cowboy boots on) OK, I'm ready to go.
Me: Umm, cowboy boots aren't really for playing at the park either, they're kind of slippery on the bottom, I don't want you to hurt yourself if you slip and fall.
Ava: Oh, are boots just for riding horses?
Me: yeah.
Ava: OK
Ava: (walking into kitchen with one princess tennis shoe and one clog) How about these mom, do they match? (smirk on her face, knowing they don't match but, as a 3 yr old, thinking it's hilarious) I think I'll wear this one on this foot and this one on that foot- there! Umm, maybe I should just wear the princess shoes?
Me: good choice. (by that time it was almost too late to go to the park, story of my life.)

No comments: