Don't be surprised if you come to my house and I have Victoria Secret magazines all over- I'm trying to motivate myself to shed my extra pounds. I figure if I have a bunch of pinups on my fridge- it will deter me from using eating as an extra-curricular activity and my husband's not complaining! Yes, I know they are air-brushed and at this point in my life, it is unrealistic to expect my body to look like that- but all I'm asking is that I fit back into my pre-2nd baby clothing and not have to buy a new wardrobe. It is depressing trying to find something in my closet these days! So on that note, I joined Weight Watchers and aside from the fact I feel like I'm starving- which I'm not, I still eat lots of yummy food, just not as much- it's going pretty good. I lost 7 pounds the first 2 weeks, did not keep on track very well last week but I'm at it again as of today. Here are some of my yummy meals:
Breakfast: a fruit and yogurt parfait made with plain strawberries, "naturally fat-free Greek yogurt" and sweetened granola.
My hubby wanted BLT's one night, which I don't really get because he doesn't typically eat lettuce on a sandwich and hates tomatoes, so he ends up with a B. So, I bought some "all natural turkey bacon" (no nitrates or preservatives) and was able to have one with a dab of fat-free mayo. It was pretty good and the kids chowed.
One of our new favorite meals is thanks to Alison- she brought this to our freezer meals group and it is DELICIOUS! - Steak Tacos: I had mine on a fat-free whole wheat tortilla with fat-free cheddar, fat-free sour cream, loads of veggies and salsa- very filling.
Here's the recipe if you're interested- you've gotta try them!
2 lbs beef roast cut into cubes
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp chili powder
1- 6 oz. can tomato paste
2 cups beef broth
1 small onion
1- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
1/2 green pepper
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp pepper
tortillas
shredded cheese and other toppings
The recipe calls to brown the meat in oil before cooking in a crock pot but that's too much work, I just threw the frozen meat in a crock pot on low with all the ingredients minus tortillas and cheese/toppings and cooked on low all day. I also added colored peppers. Yum!




2 comments:
Post a Comment