It's a New Year! Sometimes that's a little scary but it can be filled with the promise of good changes to come. I hope to start making some changes in my life that will benefit myself and my family. I hate making resolutions because I inevitably fail at keeping them at a certain level all year but I am going to make an effort to concentrate more on some things.
I hope to continue my weekly meal planning- it's a struggle but I am so sick of eating out in this town. Nutrition is important to me and I feel like a hypocrite when I serve my kids fast food 3x a week. The freezer meal group that I helped start is wonderful and I think all of our families are enjoying it. If anyone wants to join us- we would welcome you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed also that more at-home eating will help jump-start my baby weight loss that I have yet to achieve. Just to let you in on a little secret- I still have 2 pairs of maternity pants in my work clothing wardrobe. Yes, I'm still breastfeeding and for me it's hard to lose the weight until I'm finished but who knows when that will be. I really need to get my butt to the gym- but seriously, when???
Another New Year goal is to spend more time with my daughter on fun activites for her when we are home. She plays so well on her own that it's easy to let her be by herself for hours at a time- she has always been like that. But I know we are both loosing out if we don't start sharing more activities.
I'm also going to try to be more GREEN this year. Recycle, reuse, reduce- use green products, less chemicals and to teach my children how important it is to care for ourselves and our planet before there's nothing left worth saving.
That leads me to my last goal of keeping up on my blog. I didn't use it last year because my priorities didn't allow me time to fit it in my schedule and we were leary of the information being shared on it. So I have since changed the site and name and reduced full names to initials, hopefully that will make him more comfortable since I would like to continue using this site. I feel like my son has been very neglected in the picture taking dept, I know it's normal that the 2nd born is more overlooked but it makes me feel guilty. So my hope is that in sharing my family with you, it will remind me to focus on both my children more.
"Sharing The Blessings" is not only about sharing my kids with my family and friends, it's also a reminder to me to share other things in my life that I feel are a blessing and to help remind me to be thankful for the small things in life. Maybe if I share them with you all, it will help me to see how abundant my life is and keep me from focusing on my problems or the the things I don't have.
No comments:
Post a Comment